Best Air Fryer Reviews 2019.
Air Fryers are a modern cooking luxury — they heat food evenly and produce the same quality deep-fryers (using 80% less oil!)
Best air fryer reviews:
✅ #1 Top Pick: Philips Viva Airfryer
The Philips Viva is probably the best when it comes to Airfryers.
It has sold over 1M fryer units and has lots of positive buyer reviews — many buyers say they are surprised how food is less greasy.
Light-weight & portable the Viva Airfryer weighs just over 16-pounds.
Includes Rapid Air Technology for heating evenly – it’s just like a deep fryer (but much healthier!)
Boasting 23% fewer calories without losing taste, it can cook 1.75 pounds of food in a single run — enough to feed a mid-size family in 45 mins to 1-hour.
Stalion X Air Fryer is affordable and large enough for 4+ people.
It’s a lightweight air fryer that comes w/ advanced oil frying process which removes 80% of fat.
Size: 3.8 quart capacity
Temp: 175°F – 392°F
Good option for small parties or family get-togethers.
One of the things I personally love about the StalionX Air Fryer — it has multiple preset fryer options. You can cook full meals w/ 1-button operation.
rotisserie chicken, steaming function for veggies, turkey, chicken wings, and fries/chips
Lightweight + portable, you can easily take it to family gatherings or friends houses for a party.
Temperature controls range from 175° to 392° Fahrenheit.
The Stalion X Fryer is very affordable.
If you need a large capacity fryer, then look no further than the Philips XL, 2.65 LB capacity Air Fryer.
Fully equipped with “Rapid Air Technology” it circulates hot air with precision and speed. Safety feature for controlling and monitoring the temperature on an LED screen.
** Your food comes out crispy on the outside and evenly cooked/tender on the inside.
Endorsed by Gordon Ramsay, this XL air fryer is perfect for a big family. Its food basket and nonstick drawer are dishwasher safe, which makes for super easy cleanup.
As a warning, the Philips Air Fryer is super expensive (price is hyper!).
But if you can afford quality and durability, then this is the top of the line when it comes to air fryers.
** If you’re looking for something a little cheaper, Philips offers a slightly smaller Air Fryer model that’s a little less expensive. You can view it here >> Philips, TurboStar Air Fryer
- Size: 2.65 pounds capacity
- Temp: up to 390°
- Timer: 60 minute
- Safety temperature control
- Dishwasher safe making it easy to clean
- Comes with a recipe book and mobile app
- Air technology speeds up cooking thanks to circulation
- Digital display is easy to program
- Includes a nonstick drawer and food basket
- Dishwasher safe
- Endorsed by celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay
- More expensive than other similar products
The GoWise 3.7 Quart Air Fryer is a good, fair-sized fryer that can cook enough to feed 3+ people.
What’s cool about this fryer is that you can bake and doesn’t require much oil.
8 preset buttons let you fry many different foods including: chicken wings, french fries, chips, shrimp, fish, and cake.
Comes in 2 color choices and has multi temperature cooking options.
Temperature controls go from 176° to 392° Fahrenheit + cooking timer up to 30-minutes.
Its LCD display is easy to read.
- Size: 3.7 quart capacity
- Feeds 3+ people
- Temp: 176° – 392° Fahrenheit
- Cooking timer up to 30-minutes
- Color choices include black and red
- Has 8 cooking presets including: chicken, steak, meat, fish, fires, shrimp, and cake
- Temperature controls between 180°F and 400°F
- Able to cook for 1 to 60 minutes
- Alert tells you when food is ready
- A bit bulky in size, considering its average capacity
#5.) GoWISE XL Air Fryer
GoWise XL Electric Air Fryer is an “Amazon Choice”
Offering a ton of cooking features, the GoWise XL Air Fryer is big enough to feed large families of 4-8 people.
Allows you to fry a variety of foods: french fries, crispy fried chicken, steak, pizza, and hash browns.
Lots of cooking preset buttons: shrimp, fish, pizza, fries/chips, pork, chicken.
As an added bonus, there are an abundance of color choices to choose from to fit everyone’s décor.
- Size: 5.8 quart capacity
- Temperatures: 170°F – 400°F
- Rapid air technology = uses little oil
- Cooking times range from 1 to 60 minutes
- Safety timer beeps when food is ready
- Includes recipe book with over 50 recipes
- Non-stick FDA-Certified cooking pan and detachable basket
- Multiple color choices
- Need to flip food half way to really get each side crispy
The Gerek Air Fryer uses 1350W and includes a lot of of modern features that set it apart from others sold online.
What I really love about it is the variety of quick meal cooking. If speed is what you’re looking for, this one of the better fryers – large 3.7 quart basket, can hold up to 2 lbs, temp control up to 400°F, removeable parts for quick clean up.
** Easily feeds 4+ people
Also it features an LED display and Touch Screen controls.
Ideal for party cooking:
- French Fries / Chips
- Onion Rings
- Chicken (wings and rotisserie)
The Philips HD (model # 9641) Air Fryer has improved on previous designs, but now offers a smaller unit with the same capacity.
Technology is state of the art and allows for dial control temperature + preset buttons for frying food consistently. It also cooks using less oil so your food is more evenly cooked than other airfryers.
As a warning, this Air Fryer does come with a bigger price tag, but if you plan on using it a lot, then it will be a solid investment.
- Size: 1.8-pound capacity
- Fried food is cooked 50% more evenly
- Quick air-flow technology
- Known for healthier frying and cooking
- Preset buttons
- Easy controls allow you to program food
- Includes a removable non-stock mesh basket
- More expensive than the competition
The FrenchMay Air Fryer is one of the best air fryer – big enough to cook for 4+ people.
Comes w/ 7 cooking presets as well as a manual mode, so all your favorite foods can be cooked. It’s the perfect air fryer for making: french fries, onion rings, potatoes, veggies, and meats.
Includes temp control up to 400° Fahrenheit and a 60-min timer with automatic shutoff.
Removable parts make it dishwasher safe = super easy to clean
- Size: 3.7-quart capacity
- Able to cook a variety of foods including fries, steak, potatoes, vegetables, and more
- Air flow technology cooks food rapidly
- Temperature control reaches up to 400°F
- Cooking timer goes up to 60 minutes
- 7 presets allow for ease of cooking
- Dishwasher safe
- 100% money back guarantee within 60 days
- Sometimes hard to clean
** Updates for # 9-10 coming soon!
Why are Air Fryers healthy?
Using a traditional fryer requires oil, fat, and extra calories.
Fortunately, owning an air fryer will give you the same crispy and delicious taste as a traditional deep fryer, but your food is less grease-soaked and therefore, healthier. As the Philips review noted, an fryer can remove 80% of the oil fat you’ll typically have using a deep fryer.
Two reasons for this:
#1.) You’ll be using less oil (sometimes zero oil)
#2.) Air fryers remove a lot more of the excess fat in your meats