Best UK Air Fryer Review 2019.
To help you with your search, here are my favorite Air Fryers sold in the UK!
#1.) Philips UK Oil Free Air Fryer
#2.) GoWise 3.7 Quart Air Fryer
#3.) Philips UK XL Air Fryer
#4.) GoWISE XL Electric Air Fryer
#5.) Philips UK HD Avance Airfryer
#7.) Stalion X Air Fryer
#8.) FrenchMay XL Air Fryers
#7-10.) Coming soon!
** FYI: air fryer links go to Amazon UK (had best prices)
✅ Top #1 Pick: Philips Oil Free Air Fryer
Lightweight and portable the Philips HD9220 Oil Free Air Fryer weighs 6.82 Kg and uses Philip’s Rapid Air Technology – it’s like a deep fryer that’s much healthier!
Boasting 23% fewer calories without losing taste, it can cook 0.8 kg in a single capacity. That should be enough to feed a mid-size family in only a couple runs.
- Dishwasher safe air fryer
- Large capacity basket: 0.8 kg (800g)
- Timer up to 30-mins
- Temp control up to 200 degrees
- 1425 watt motor = very strong
- Portable and lightweight
- 80% less fan than other fryers
- Expensive – occasionally out of stock
** FYI — GoWise is very popular and occasionally sold out. (It was when I last checked.)
The GoWise 3.7 qt. Air Fryer is a good, fair-sized fryer that can cook enough to feed 3+ people.
What’s cool about this fryer is that you can bake and doesn’t require much oil.
8 preset buttons let you fry many different foods including: chicken wings, fries/chips, shrimp, fish, and cake.
Comes in 2 color choices and has multi temperature cooking options.
Temp controls go from 176 to 392 Fahrenheit. Also includes cooking timer up to 30-minutes.
LCD display is easy to read.
- 3.7 qt. capacity
- Feeds 3+ people
- Temp controls from 176 – 392 Fahrenheit
- Cooking timer up to 30-minutes
- Color choices include black and red
- Has 8 cooking presets including:
- chicken, steak, meat
- fish, fires, shrimp, and cake
- Ability to cook for 1 to 60 minutes
- Alert tells you when food is ready
- A bit bulky in size, considering its average capacity
If you need a large capacity appliance, then look no further than the Philips XL, 1.20 kilogram capacity Air Fryer.
Equipped with “Rapid Air Technology” it circulates hot air with speed and precision. Safety feature to control and monitoring the temperature on a beautiful LED screen.
** Food comes out crispy on the outside and evenly cooked on the inside.
Endorsed by famed chef, Gordon Ramsay – this XL air fryer is perfect for bigger families. Food basket + nonstick drawer are dishwasher safe, which makes it very easy to clean
As a warning, this Philips XL Air Fryer is super expensive for a home air fryer (price more than you think!).
But if you can afford to pay for quality, then the Philips is near the top when it comes to home Air Fryers.
** If price really isn’t a concern, Philips UK offers another Air Fryer that’s even more expensive. If you’re curious you can view it here >> Philips Avance XL Air Fryer)
- 2 colors available – white and black
- Size: 1.21 kg capacity
- 60-min automatic timer
- Adjustable temperature monitor
- Safety temp control
- Dishwasher safe = super easy to clean
- Comes with a recipe book and mobile app
- Air technology speeds up cooking thanks to circulation
- Digital display is easy to program
- Includes a nonstick drawer and food basket, both of which are dishwasher safe
- Endorsed by celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay
- More expensive than other similar products
#4.) GoWISE XL Air Fryer
GoWise XL Electric Air Fryer is an “Amazon Choice” – occasionally sold out in the UK
Offering a ton of cooking and safety features, the GoWise XL Air Fryer is big enough to feed large families of 4-8 people.
Allows you to fry a variety of foods: fries/chips, crispy fried chicken, steak, pizza, and hash browns.
Lots of cooking preset buttons: shrimp, fish, pizza, fries/chips, pork, chicken.
As an added bonus, there are an abundance of color choices to choose from to fit everyone’s décor.
- 5.8-quart capacity
- Uses little to no oil to cook food via rapid air technology
- Temp range from 170F to 400F
- Cooking times range from 1 to 60 minutes
- Safety timer beeps when food is ready
- Includes recipe book with over 50 recipes
- Non-stick FDA-Certified cooking pan and detachable basket
- Color choices include red, black, white, blue, mint, and others
- Need to flip food half way to really get each side crispy
Philips HD 9641 Air Fryer has improved on previous designs, but now offers a smaller unit with the same capacity.
Technology is state of the art and allows for dial control temperature + preset buttons for frying food consistently. Also cooks using less oil so food is more evenly cooked throughout.
As a warning, this Philips Avance AirFryer comes with a bigger price tag, but if you plan on using it a lot, then it will be a solid investment.
Personally my favorite – but in terms of price I can’t justify it being the #1 for all consumers. It’s very expensive!
- Size: 1.8 pound capacity
- Fried food is cooked 50% more evenly
- Preset buttons for popular dishes
- Quick control dial for getting the right fryer temperature
- Easy controls allow you to program food and not have to do any more work
- Modern technology allows for air flow to quickly cook food
- Known for healthier frying and cooking
- Includes a removable non-stock mesh basket which is easy to clean
- More expensive than most air fryers
FrenchMay Air Fryer is big enough to cook for 4-8 people.
There are 7 cooking presets as well as a manual mode, so all your favorite foods can be cooked. It’s the perfect air fryer for making: french fries, onion rings, potatoes, veggies, and meats.
Includes temp control up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and a 60-min timer with automatic shutoff.
Removable parts make it dishwasher safe = super easy to clean
- Size: 3.7 quart capacity
- Able to cook a variety of foods including:
- fries, steak, potatoes, vegetables
- chicken, pies, wings, etc
- Air flow technology cooks food rapidly
- Temperature control reaches up to 400F
- Cooking timer goes up to 60 minutes
- 7 presets allow for ease of cooking
- Dishwasher safe
- 100% money back guarantee within 60 days
- Sometimes hard to clean
#7.) Stalion X Air Fryer
Even though a lesser known brand than Philips, the new Stalion X Air Fryers have it all — Apart from super advanced (expensive) features, it’s a big size fryer that can make enough food for 4+ people. Good for small parties and family events.
** Excellent choice for large meal families!
Countertop air fryer that has advanced oil frying tech that removes 80% of fat – a unique feature for deep fryers.
Lightweight and portable, you can easily take it to family gatherings or friends houses for a party. Temp controls options from 175 to 392 degrees Fahrenheit.
Price is very affordable which is surprising given the features it has.
- Size: 3.8 qt. capacity
- Large enough to accommodate a family meal
- New technology eliminates up to 80% of needed fat when cooking food
- 7 pre-programmed cooking settings are great for cooking fries, meats, and even dessert
- LED display is easy to use
- Temperature control options range from 175F to 392F
- Cook time up to 60 minutes
- Safety feature of automatic on/off control
- Size may be hard to find space for storage
** New UK Air Fryers, #8-10 will be updated soon!
Why are Air Fryers considered healthy?
Using a traditional deep fryer requires a lot of oil, fat, and extra calories.
Fortunately, by owning an air fryer will give you the same crispy and delicious taste as a traditional deep fryer, but your food will be less grease-soaked and therefore, healthier.
As the Philips review mentioned, air fryers can remove 80% of the oil fat you’ll typically have using a deep fryer.
Two reasons for this:
#1.) You’ll be using less oil (sometimes zero oil)
#2.) An air fryer will remove a lot more of the excess fat in your meats.