Best Water Filter Jug UK.
For better home water you can’t do much better than a filtered water jug.
With so many options online, we created this shortlist of the best water filter jugs in the UK.
Prices on my list £39 – £99.
- Aquagear Water Filter Jug
- Soma Shatterproof Jug
- Phox Alkaline Water Filter Jug
- Invigorated Alkaline Pitcher
- Brita XL Water Filter Jug
- Brita 8.5L Water Dispenser
- Aqua Optima 2.8L Filter Jug
- Brita Elemaris Water Jug
** FYI: links go to Amazon UK (had the lowest prices)
The Best Water Filter Jug UK
✅ #1 Top Pick: Epic AquaGear Water Filter Jug
Aquagear Epic Pure Water Jug is a top seller for its affordable price and high-end filters.
It boasts triple capacity, long-lasting water filters – they filter nearly 3x as much water vs. Brita water jug filters.
Water Jug: 3.5L
Filter Life: 750L
Water jug itself is produced in the USA and made with filters long-lasting filters. Replaceable filters are relatively cheap and can be ordered online.
Filters are also available in 3-month subscriptions.
In terms of price, the Aquagear is a little more expensive than others — however, the longer lasting filters and overall performance make it worth considering.
Lots of positive buyer reviews online!
- Made in the USA and meets all product standards
- Good design and made with 100% BPA free materials
- Filter is extra strong as it is able to filter 150 gallons of water in its lifetime
- Helps reduce lead, chromium, mercury and chlorine from tap water
- Filter has 5 stages and 2-micron pores to produce extremely clean water
- Able to retain calcium and magnesium in water, which are beneficial to the body
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee and will be replaced for free if it ever breaks
- Customer services offers same-day support
- Design is not great, and pouring is actually quite difficult
- Pricier than other standard water pitchers
#2.) Soma Filter Jug, 6-10 Cup
If you’re looking to upgrade from a plastic water jug – try the Soma Water Filter Pitchers!
Newly upgraded water filters are designed to reduce mercury, copper, chlorine and other pollutants.
Water Jug: 48 – 80 oz.
Material: BPA-free bamboo
The cool thing about this pitcher is that it’s shatterproof and has a beautiful, trendy aesthetic. It’s super easy to refill and can hold up to 10-cups (80 oz.).
Soma is also a charitable. For each sold, they’ll donate a percentage of the money to people in need.
Personally I think the Soma water filter jug is the best for small families.
- Elegantly designed that will add a pop to your kitchen
- Capacity of 80 ounces, or 10 glasses of water
- Handle is wooden and made from sustainable white oak
- Pitcher base is shatterproof and BPA-free
- When pouring, lid opens automatically for ease of use
- Produced in the USA
- Company partners with water charities around the world, so every purchase helps bring clean water to those in need
- Handle looks nice, but can easily break off if there is too much water in the pitcher
#3.) Phox Water Filter Review
The Phox water filter jug is a top seller in the UK.
It uses a 5-stage filtration process to remove impurities such as bacteria, chlorine, odors, and lead.
Pure Water pH: 7
Phox pH Level: 8 – 9.5
Not only does it remove impurities, but the Phox filter adds minerals such as magnesium and calcium.
Phox water filter has an average life span of 350L w/ affordable replaceable filters.
Little more expensive than other filter jugs, but lots of positive reviews.
#4.) Invigorated pH Alkaline Water Pitcher
Invigorated’s multi-stage water pitcher uses Ultrafiltration Technology (UF) and Membrane Filter to process Alkaline from your tap water. It will also filter out fine metals, chlorine, fluoride, and chloramine.
Filter capacity is huge! It can handle up to 1500 cups (96 gallons or 360 liters).
One of the downsides – it’s more expensive than most pitchers.
- Super modern design
- Capacity of 3.5 liters of water
- Complex filter includes ceramic ball blend, micro nets, zeolite, activated coconut carbon charcoal and an ion exchange resin
- Removes chlorine, fluoride, and chloramine
- Retains selenium and calcium which are beneficial to the body
- Capacity of filter is 1,500 cups or 96 gallons of water before needing to be replaced
- Includes 2 filters with each purchase
- Comes with a 100% satisfaction money back guarantee
- Multiple reports of pitcher breaking, cracks in seal, and stuck filters
#5.) Brita XL Water Filter Jug
If you’re looking to add a bit more style to your kitchen, the Brita Large Water Pitcher is a good investment.
Not only does it remove impurities from your water, it comes in different colors to accent your kitchen décor. Be careful of the lid, though, as it has a history of coming off unexpectedly.
- Holds 10 cups of water
- Comes in multiple colors including green, black, orange, red, and white
- Handle is made with a soft-grip handle for easy filling
- Reduces copper, cadmium, and mercury for better tasting water
- Comes with an electronic filter indicator so you know when the filter needs to be replaced
- Filter lasts for about 150 liters (40 gallons) of water, or on average 60-days of use
- Lid does not always fit properly and frequently falls off
#6.) Brita 8.5 Liter Water Dispenser
The Brita Water Dispenser is made to sit in your fridge or on your countertop, making it family size big.
Comes in white or black, and has a modern look to it. While it does a good job of filtering your water, it can be hard to clean.
- Super large capacity of 18 cups or 1.13 gallons of water
- Rectangular in shape and built for countertops of fridge shelves
- Removes copper, mercury, cadmium and chlorine from water
- Includes a sticker indicator to remind you when to change the filter
- Comes with an Amazon Dash Button which, when pressed, instantly reorders more filters for you
- Made from BP-free plastic
- May be hard to clean because of it’s size
The brita water jug holds 2.4 liters and is designed for small families.
Advanced filtration technology removes the chlorine which helps improve the taste and health of your water. Brita’s filter also reduces large of amounts of other impurities such as mercury, copper and cadmium.
The flip-top on the pitcher makes it super easy to refill.
You’ll also see a sticker indicator inside which will tells you when it’s time to change out the filter – don’t worry, they’re not that expensive.
Typically you’ll need to replace the filter every 150 liters (4 gallons or 2-months)
- Capacity of 10 cups of water
- Filter is easy to use
- Relatively large – perfect for 4-5 person households!
- Reduces the amount of copper, mercury, and cadmium in tap water
- Removes chlorine taste for fresher tasting water
- Pitcher is made from BPA materials
- Flip-top lid is easy to fill and eliminates spilling
- Did you know: 1 filter is equivalent to 300 standard sized plastic water bottles
- Water spout is fairly small, so may take a little time to pour
- Lacks features such as a pH filter
#8.) Aqua Optima 2.8 Liter Filter Jug
The Aqua Optima uses 60-day filter technology and is certified to remove 95% of industrial pollutants, 96% of mercury, and 94% of various pharmaceuticals found in tap water.
(Not all water pitchers are certified, but this one is!)
Another nifty feature about this is the handle. It’s easy-fill lid is thumb activated which makes it easy to refill.
While it comes with an LED light to indicate when the filter needs to be changed, it might stop working after a few years.
- Capacity of 11 cups of water
- Removes mercury and other pollutants from water
- Reduces the taste and odor of chlorine
- Lid is easy fill and is thumb-activated
- LED light to indicate when filter needs to be changed
- Made with 100% BPA free plastic
- Some online reviews noted the LED light might not work
Best Water Filter Jug UK
With so many great options vying for UK Best Water Filter Jugs it’s hard to know which is the best for your family.
Personally there were a few factors which lead me to buying an Aqua Gear Jug:
What is your price range?
Are you okay purchasing new filters every 3-6 months?
How many people will be using it the water jug?
If it’s for your office, you should consider how fast the water filters will need to be changed or washed. Also the size of the jug itself will be an important aspect since large groups will tend to refill it less.
How clean is your current water?
Alkaline pH water filter jugs will cost a little more than a typical Brita. If you have a good water supply, I don’t think it’s totally necessary to go crazy with it.