Best Water Filter Pitcher Reviews.
Water filter pitchers are an affordable way to get higher quality tap water.
The newest filter pitchers offer a variety of water filter types — they remove pollutants, include remineralization, and increase pH levels.
For my review I picked the ones I think are best based on price, performance and buyer reviews.
Water filter pitcher reviews
#1.) AquaGear Water Filter Pitcher
The Aquagear Water Pitcher a high-end water filtration pitcher.
Equipped w/ a 5-stage water filter it removes 2000% more contaminants than comparable jugs.
Pollutants removed: chromium, lead, fluoride, chlorine, mercury, and larger particles
Water filters offer 3X flow capacity and can last 150 gallons before needing to be changed.
Depending on usage, filters should be enough to last 1+ year.
FYI: Aquagear filters last 3X longer than most Brita filters.
The price is a higher than typical pitchers, but has excellent buyer reviews and premium filters.
#2.) Nakii Fast Water Filter Pitcher
The Nakii Water Pitcher is perfect if you want a stylish, safe and functional pitcher.
Reduces 97% of chlorine in tap water and removes rust (usually from older faucets), mercury, and chlorine.
The filter was designed in Japan and has proven to be 10-12x more effective than regular carbon filters.
Biggest downside is that it is small and not meant for large families.
- Capacity: 1.8 liters (8 cups of water)
- Rectangular in shape and can fit most refrigerator doors
- Reduces mercury, chlorine, rust and sediment
- Activated carbon filter
- Each filter has a lifespan of 150 gallons before needing to be changes
- Small in size and not meant for a larger family
#3.) Soma Shatterproof Filter Pitchers
If you’re looking to upgrade from plastic water pitcher – try the Soma Water Filter Pitchers!
The cool thing about this pitcher is that it’s shatterproof and has a beautiful, trendy aesthetic. It’s super easy to refill and can hold up to 10-cups (80 oz.).
Pitcher Size: 80 ounces
Capacity: 10 glasses
Soma is also a charitable.
For each sold, they’ll donate a percentage of the money to people in need.
Lots of positive buyer reviews.
#4.) Invigorated pH Alkaline Water Pitcher
Invigorated’s multi-stage water pitcher uses Ultrafiltration (UF) and Membrane Filter to process Alkaline from your tap water. It will also filter out fine metals, chlorine, fluoride, and chloramine.
Filter capacity is huge! It can handle up to 1500 cups (96 gallons or 360 liters).
One of the downsides – it’s more expensive than most pitchers.
- Size: 3.5 liters
- Filters: 1,500 cups or 96 gallons
- Carbon-charcoal filters
- Removes chlorine, fluoride, and chloramine
- Retains selenium and calcium which are beneficial to the body
- Includes 2 filters with each purchase
- Occasional cracks in seal (overall positive reviews though)
#5.) Brita Large Water Pitcher
If you’re looking to add a bit more style to your kitchen, the Brita Large Water Pitcher is a good investment.
Not only does it remove impurities from your water, it comes in a wide range of colors to accent your décor. Be careful of the lid, though, as it has a history of coming off unexpectedly.
- Size: 10 cups of water
- Comes in multiple colors including green, black, orange, red, and white
- Handle is made with a soft-grip handle for easy filling
- Reduces copper, cadmium, and mercury for better tasting water
- Comes with an electronic filter indicator so you know when the filter needs to be replaced
- Filter lasts for about 40 gallons of water, or on average 2 months of use
- Lid does not always fit properly
#6.) Brita 18-Cup Water Dispenser
The Brita Water Dispenser is made to sit in your fridge or on your countertop, making it family size big.
Comes in white or black, and has a modern look to it. While it does a good job of filtering your water, it can be hard to clean.
- Size: 18 cups (or 1.1 gallons)
- Rectangular in shape and built for countertops of fridge shelves
- Removes copper, mercury, cadmium and chlorine from water
- Includes a sticker indicator to remind you when to change the filter
- Comes with an Amazon Dash Button which, when pressed, instantly reorders more filters for you
- Made from BP-free plastic
- May be hard to clean because of it’s size
#7.) Ehm Alkaline Water Filter Pitchers
The Lake Industries Water Pitcher aims to change your regular tap into alkaline water.
Water filter instantly delivers fresh Alkaline water by using a Premium Cartridge to remove smaller water chemicals: chlorine, copper, zinc, and other antioxidants.
(*Alkaline has shown to have many health benefits such as increasing body energy and improving your immune system)
Read our review on Best Water Softener Systems
- Design includes a see-through pitcher and blue lid, making it stylish
- Pitcher is slim allowing it to fit into any refrigerator
- Able to fill the reservoir of the pitcher without having to remove the top cover
- Spout is designed to eliminate spills
- Filter has 7 stages including mineral balls, tourmaline, ion exchange resin, and carbon
- Removes most zinc, copper, and lead elements from water
- Comes with 1 filter with purchase
- Filter can fall out when pouring water
#8.) Brita 10-Cup Water Pitcher
Brita 10-Cup Pitcher is the standard for the industry.
Advanced filtration technology removes the chlorine which helps improve the taste and health of your water. Brita’s filter also reduces large of amounts of other impurities such as copper, mercury and cadmium.
The flip-top on the pitcher makes it easy to refill.
You’ll also see a sticker indicator inside which will tells you when it’s time to change the filter – don’t worry, they’re not that expensive.
Typically you’ll need to replace the filter every 40 gallons or 2-months.
- Size: 10 cups of water
- Filter is easy to use
- Relatively large – perfect for 4-5 person family!
- Reduces the amount of copper, mercury, and cadmium in tap water
- Removes chlorine taste for fresher tasting water
- Pitcher is made from BPA materials
- Lid is easy to fill and eliminates spilling
- Did you know: 1 filter is equivalent to 300 standard sized plastic water bottles
- Water spout is fairly small, so takes a while to pour
- Very basic and lacks features
#9.) Brita Stainless Steel Pitcher
Unlike all the other water pitchers on this list, the Brita Stainless Steel Water Pitcher is made from a more stylish material.
Stainless steel adds to the elegance of the product, while its filter has the quality you would expect from Brita.
(Be aware that the inside of the pitcher, where the water sits, is still plastic.)
- Size: 8 cups of water
- Stainless steel outside produces a stylish design
- Soft-grip handle makes it easy to use
- Lid locks for convenient refilling
- Reduces copper, mercury, and chlorine from water
- Includes an electronic filter indicator to help you know when to change the filter
- Filter should be changed every 40 gallons, or every 2 months
- Stainless steel is only
#10.) Pur Water Filter Pitchers
The PUR water filter pitcher uses is one of the few certified for removing pollutants.
It is able to filter 95% of industrial pollutants, 96% of mercury, and 94% of various pharmaceuticals found in tap water.
Another nifty feature about this is the handle. It’s easy-fill lid is thumb activated which makes it easy to refill.
While it comes with an LED light to indicate when the filter needs to be changed, it might stop working after a few years.
- Capacity of 11 cups of water
- Removes mercury and other pollutants from water
- Reduces the taste and odor of chlorine
- Lid is easy fill and is thumb-activated
- Has an LED light to indicate when filter needs to be changed
- Made from 100% BPA free plastic
- Some online reviews noted the LED light might not work