Best Wireless Headphones Review // Bluetooth Headphones
Headphones are a necessity in life — work commutes, gym workouts, or long flights.
Here’s my picks for best wireless headphones.
** FYI — wireless headphone links go to Amazon (which typically has the best prices)
✅ #1 Top Pick: Sony Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones (model # WH1000XM2) offers high quality Digital Noise Cancellation sound.
This specific model also includes “Smart Listening” which can detect your activity and automatically adjusts the sound level in real-time.
What I love about the Sony’s is that they’re touch control.
⭐⭐ Best Wireless Headphones w/ Noise Cancelling ⭐⭐
Want to turn the volume down? Cover the right ear and the sound will slowly decrease; if you want to take a phone call, you can tap and switch and take the call? (you won’t need to frantically search fro the right button!)
Headphones are expensive, but if you have the budget — I think they’re the best pair of wireless headphones for people on-the-go
business professionals, workout enthusiasts, daily commuters, weekly flights, city dwellers, and freelancers
- Charge Time: 2-3 hours (full charge)
- Full Battery: 30 hours of play time
- True Noise Cancelling technology
- Attention Mode
- cover right ear to decrease sound
- Touch Controls
- Skip track, adjust volume or take calls w/ a touch
- Sony Voice Assistant
- easily switch to microphone or speaker
- Also includes
- carrying case + travel adapter
- plugin cables + manual
- ** Expensive – too much for most consumers
Bose SoundLink, wireless headphones have a super-immersive sound quality and great, comfortable feel to them.
Made to fit over the ear w/ HD quality sound, the Bose SoundLinks come with advanced Microphone system which can be used to answer calls instantaneously.
⭐⭐ Best Wireless Headphones for Taking Calls ⭐⭐
I think you’ll be surprised that conversations have very clear sound and strong mic quality (even in windy or noisy locations).
Personally, my favorite feature — SoundLink headphones will automatically lower background noise level to make sure your voice is heard.
You’ll also hear the caller’s voice clearly because of it’s advanced auto-sound adjust feature.
- WiFi Range: 30 feet
- Charge Time: 3 hours
- Full Battery: 15 hours of play time
- Immersive sound quality
- WiFi connectivity
- Compatible with Bluetooth devices (most phones)
- Deep basses and clear sound
- Advanced Microphone system
- Uses a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Another product by Beats, the Beats Studio3 are wireless headphones with Bluetooth compatibility.
Featuring Beats’ wireless tech called Pure Adaptive Noise Cancelling (“Pure ANC”) — provides longer battery power up to 22 hours of listening on noise cancel and +18 hours of additional playtime without noise cancelling (40-hours total).
⭐⭐ Best Wireless Headphones for Fast Charging ⭐⭐
Even if you run out of battery, what the Dre Beats Studio3 offers is very fast charging. It only takes 1.5 – 2 hours to get back to full battery.
I think they’re the best wireless headphones for long hours — anyone planning to listen 5+ hours per day:
programmers, long commuters, workout fanatics, heavy gamers, long flights, and musicians
Downside — they are very expensive
But in terms of features and dollar-value, I think they’re a great purchase – If they last 2+ years, you’re definitely going to get your money’s worth!
- WiFi range: 30 ft. from bluetooth device
- Charge Time: 1.5 – 2 hours for full charge
- Full Battery:
- noise cancelling = 22 hours
- regular listening = 40 hours
- Wireless technology = no cords
- Pure Adaptive Noise Canceling (Pure ANC)
- Foldable wireless headphones
- Dual-mode adaptive noise cancelling
- diminishes unwanted sounds
- Rechargeable battery lasts 12 hours
- Fuel Gauge = know when to recharge
- Padded ear cups are ergonomic, flexible and soft
- Additional features:
- Remote Talk cable, USB charging cable
- carrying case and warranty
- Colors – black, white, red, blue and rose
- Super expensive, even being one of the best wireless headphones
- ** price has decreased since last year
Sennheiser RS 195 Wireless Headphone System is great for constant movement without the device — gamers, gym enthusiasts, parents, etc.
Wireless reach of 328 feet (100 meters) is a huge distance upgrade from other headphones on my list. It’s also the reason for the larger price tag.
⭐⭐ Best Wireless Headphones for Gamers ⭐⭐
Comes w/ home docking system — full charge provides 18-hours of listening.
Favorite among gamers because of their 328 ft. reach.
I also think it’s a great set of headphones for parents who are constantly moving throughout the house (because kids do that, right?). The reach should be enough to provide wireless listening throughout your entire house.
- Full Battery: 18 hours of play time
- WiFi Range: up to 328 feet
- Speech and music modes
- Super comfortable ear pads
- Booth presets allow for customization and personal preferences
- Sound enables clear dialogue
- Includes a docking station with volume control
- Wireless range isn’t always 328 ft. (according to reviews)
Dre Beats brand has revolutionized the headphone industry.
Beats Solo3 are Wireless and offer the sound quality Beats is known for.
They can feel a bit heavy due to their quality construction, but they have some of the highest reviews on Amazon. See Reviews Here >>
Beats’ marketing strategy plays to the younger crowd, but they’re actually a solid pair of wireless headphones for any age group.
They’re very affordable and can be used for multiple days without needing to recharge — up to 40 hours of battery life!
- Charge Time: 1 hour (full charge)
- Full Battery: 40 hours of play time
- Premium playback and fine-tuned acoustics
- Very comfy cushioning
- Trendy design
- Comes in a multitude of colors:
- black, red, white, blue, etc.
- Able to connect w/ Bluetooth devices + switch between phone calls and music
- Headphones are foldable
- Hinge design can be slightly flimsy
Bose QuietComfort 35 combines wireless technology and sound cancellation to produce a high quality listening device.
Right away you’ll notice the sound is crisp and has a unique Full Bass Mode.
While there have been some complaints of longer 2-5 hour charging time, there is an included option to use a cord to plug into your device. Wireless is up to 20 hours of listening and plugged-in gives 40 hours.
- Charging Time: 2-3 hours (based on description)
- Full Battery:
- 20 hours = wireless listening
- 40 hours = plugged into device
- 3-levels of Noise Cancellation
- True NFC headphones
- Bose Connect Mobile App
- Dual-microphone system
- clear phone calls + voice activation
- True Noise Cancellation
- Uses rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charging time can wane over its lifespan
Apart from the bargain price tag, the WaveSound Headphones have a lot of features to love.
What I like the best is the excellent noise cancelling sound – usually I wouldn’t get too excited because it’s become a standard for wireless headphones (not to mention bluetooth headphones), but again, the price tag is irresistible.
Also if you read the online reviews, you’ll see that most buyers love the WaveSound because of its sound quality and price! (they are very affordable)
We put a lot of emphasis on the user reviews for our best wireless headphones list – this specific pair of Paww’s has over 1,000’s of reviews and lots of 4-5 Star ratings.
** Update: Amazon awarded them the “Amazon’s Choice” for wireless headphones
- Full Battery: 16 hours of play time
- Superb noise cancelling technology
- Includes a carrying case
- Airplane adapter + auxiliary cable
- Foldable = portable headphones
- Uses a rechargeable battery
- Bluetooth compatible wireless headphones
- 2 colors – black or white
- Might not fit all head types
If you want advanced technology but at a reasonable price, look for the BOHM Wireless B76 Bluetooth Headphones.
Wireless and Bluetooth connectivity make these worthwhile. Thick cushioned padding feels comfortable and the built-in volume control provides a hands-free convenience. Perfect for the gym or outside jogging!
- Wireless Range: 10 meters
- Charge Time: 2 hours for full charge
- Full Battery:
- regular listening = 16 hours
- noise cancelling = 8 hours
- Super comfortable padded cushions
- Rich sounds + powerful bass
- Bluetooth technology
- Volume controls are built-in for convenience
- Active noise cancelling headphones
- full charge = 8 hours
- Headset is foldable = portable
- Multiple colors available
- Noise cancelling works primarily with deeper sounds
The Bluedio F2 Bluetooth Headphones are very reasonably priced and offer a load of features such as Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) and large, comfortable ear pads.
Bluetooth compatible and wireless, they can easily be synced w/ any mobile device.
What makes them unique is the ear ventilation technology — ever notice how the air pressure in ear pads can feel odd (especially on flights)?
Bluedio F2 Headphones come w/ new ‘Vector Flow’ tech which automatically equalizes air pressure on both sides.
Consistent air pressure provides better bass sound and higher quality ANC.
Best part is the price — super affordable for mostly anyone. That’s rare for ANC quality headphones.
- Full Battery: 16 hours of play time
- Weight: 11 ounces
- Air flow technology = equal air pressure
- Lots of strong user reviews
- Sound has deep base and solid sound
- Active Noise Cancelling headphones (“ANC”)
- Automatically reacts to the sound environment around you
- Bluetooth technology
- Wireless w/ rechargeable battery
- Comes in black or white
- Lesser play hours per charge than other headphones
** I’ll add #10 for my best wireless headphones review soon! Stay tuned!
What are Noise Cancelling Headphones?
Noise cancellation is a newer technology. It was originally created to improve radio communications in otherwise noisy environments such as an airplane cockpit. In fact it was first developed in Nasa!
To create the noise canceling effect, each headset cup has a built-in microphone that samples the ambient noise at the ear. The noise signal is fed into the electronic circuit analyzing it and produces a mirror image of the noise, which is then added back to the music signal. Some of the real noise is offset by the mirrored reverse noise.
Since this is an electronic process, the noise cancellation circuit requires a battery to operate.
Passive noise isolation
All the best wireless headphones should have noise isolation.
Noise isolating earbuds and headphones can isolate ambient noise by themselves without a battery. Adjustable earbuds on headphones and extra earbuds on headphones act as a physical barrier to prevent unwanted noise from entering your ears. Obstacles like this also help prevent people around you from hearing your music.
Active noise cancellation
For extra noise cancellation in addition to passive noise isolation, the microphone’s internal and external microphones can measure unwanted ambient noise, and the circuitry in the headset then produces sound at the frequency of eliminating these noises.
Some of the best wireless headphones have this feature – if turned on, active noise cancelling headphones absolutely work.
Best Wireless Headphones Review – Related:
Best Drones Available Online
Top 10 Best Bluetooth Headphones Review
Sony Wireless Headphones Review (WH-CH700N)
Best Treadmills for Home Workouts
Top 8 Best Home Theater Seating Review
Top 8 Best GPS for Europe
Top 10 Best Bluetooth Portable Speakers
Favorite Robot Vacuum Cleaners
Top 10 Home Theater Projectors