Best Rated Patio Heater Review.
Patio season offers the best of everything — it’s a chance to bring people together, indulge in tasty food, and enjoy outside (with fewer bugs!)
Here are my picks for the best patio heaters available online.
** FYI: heater links go to Amazon (which had best pricing)
✅ #1 Top Pick: Tiki Propane Patio Heater
Tiki Patio Heater is loved by restaurants + rooftop bars (mostly because it takes up hardly any space!)
Standing over 7 ft., this patio heater is powered by a large propane tank and can heat within a radius of 15 ft.
Height: 7 ft. 6 inches
Heating: 38,000 BTU
Beautiful glass enclosure features a “dancing flame“ which adds an exciting ambiance to your decor.
One benefit you’ll really like — it’s on wheels. Very easy to maneuver and move around, it’s one of the best portable patio heater on my list.
It’s also able to withstand the summer heat or winter cold. (It’s an all year-round heater!)
** Also read our review of Top 10 Forced Air Heaters for Outside
High-powered at 46,000 BTU the FireSense patio heater is heavy duty compared to others on my list.
Like the Tiki heater, this one is also on wheels making it portable around the deck/patio.
Type: Liquid Propane
Heating: 46,000 BTU
I also love the beautiful stainless steel. It’s one of the more durable outdoor heaters on my list.
Very easy assembly, you’ll have this up and running in an 1-hour.
The Fire Sense Stainless Patio Heater puts out a lot of heat – strong consumption rate of 10-hours w/ full 20 pound liquid propane tank.
You might also like Vanessa’s review of the Top 6 Outdoor Fire Pit Tables
Montego Fire Pit is has a wicker design and beautiful tempered glass table-top.
To accent the flame, the product includes diamond glass fire gems. All together it creates a sleek, modern fire pit. When I think of romantic evening, it includes a fire table like this!
Heating: 88,000 BTU
Type: Propane Gas
But there is a downside – the price.
It’s really expensive and is definitely out of price range for the average person. But, if you can afford it, you’ll love the beautiful design and ambiance it brings to your deck or patio.
This patio heater will certainly “wow!” your guests.
** It’s no wonder that Outland Living Fire Table is at top seller on Amazon
Sleek, elegant, and powerful – comes in 2 color choices: slate grey or espresso brown.
With modern elements and traditional warmth, the Outland Living Fire Table can elevate an average backyard into a social haven.
Tons of positive online reviews made it one of our favorite picks for the best patio heaters.
⭐⭐ Best Outland Fire Table for Mid-Size Groups ⭐⭐
It’s an expensive luxury, but if you’re looking to improve your outside decor it’s a lot cheaper than doing a full backyard remodel. (Typical backyard remodels can cost $10,000+)
** If you’re looking to impress your guests, this propane fire pit table will certainly do that.
- Size: 44″ x 32″ x 32″
- Heating: 35,000 BTU
- Powered by propane with a clean, smokeless flame
- Extremely safe and CSA approved
- Easy to assemble thanks to its instruction manual
- Includes 3 foot hose and decorative glass rocks
- Stainless steel burner and stainless steel burn pan
- Cover is water resistant
- Color choices: slate grey and espresso brown
- Super expensive (unfortunately, costs more than you’d think!)
Looking for glamor and warmth on your patio or terrace? The Burning Artisan Fire Table Bowl delivers superb style and sophistication to any gathering or family evening at home.
There’s no waiting to get a beautiful fire going on your patio. It’s so convenient to just turn a knob, and light your fire!
With a gorgeous marbleized finish, the Fire Table Bowl looks great, but it also puts out a lot of heat.
For a small heater, it can run up to 2-hours per 1-pound of liquid propane. With a 20-pound tank, you can run it for 40-hours each time. Unless you’ll be using it for many hours each time, it should last 5-6 weeks before refill is needed.
- Large 18″ inch diameter
- Super easy set up
- Bowl is made of concrete
- Runs 2-hours for each 1-pound of propane
- 20 pound liquid propane tank = 40 hours per tank
- Long lasting stainless steel burner system
- Handcrafted architectural cast stone
- Beautiful marbleized finish
- Avail in 2 colors – tan or pearl gray
- Hose could be a little longer for easier propane hookup
Bali Outdoors Gas Fire Pit is a great, inexpensive patio heater that’ll provide cozy warmth to your backyard.
While it is square in area, the base is wider than the top, giving it a bit of character.
The fire pit produces 50,000 BTUs, which is quite powerful for the surface size. It’s powered by propane gas and the fuel tank sits nicely in the compartment under the fire.
Reviews note how simple it is – especially with the ON / OFF dial controlling the propane output.
Included in the purchase are lava rocks that go well with the overall décor. It is a neat feature that gives it a pleasant look even when it off. (so much better than seeing an charred pit or propane gas outlet)
But the best part is the price – it costs a lot less than others on our best patio heaters list. Also makes a nice patio table when not turned on.
- Size: 28″ x 28″ x 25″
- Heating: 50,000 BTU
- Tapered design has a wider base and a smaller top
- Constructed with black steel
- Includes lava rock to be placed around flame for added design
- Control panel is hidden and has an electronic ignition
- Uses propane to power the flames
- Cabinet door might fit snug when closing
Solo bonfire pit has the highest star rating I’ve ever seen on Amazon – first released on Kickstarter, Solo Stove is quickly becoming one of the best sellers on Amazon.
With a modern look, this patio fire pit boasts “less smoke” making it so your clothes won’t smell. (If you’ve sat around your share of bonfires, you know this a huge concern)
Beautiful stainless steel design is perfect for backyards and patio decks alike. (sold over 1M units on Kickstarter)
⭐⭐ Best Outdoor Fire Pit for Camping ⭐⭐
What I really like is the ideal size – it won’t take up a ton of room and appears big enough for a 6-8 people to keep warm beside it. Size is 14” tall and 19.5” in diameter.
Writing this review, I’m actually temped to buy it right now! It’s definitely worth a gander!
** Note that it is firewood fueled; no propane tank
- Weights approximately 20 lbs
- 14” Height x 19.5” Width
- First released as a Kickstarter project
- Unique airflow making it wood-burning efficient
- (You’ll use less wood than typical)
- Perfect for camping and backyards
- 5-Stars on Amazon
- Tremendous online reviews!
- Not the largest patio heater
Produced by XtremepowerUS – this propane Fire Pit Table appears to be made of oak wood from a distance, but is actually constructed of hammered bronze steel.
Measures with 17″ centre that can be powered by either propane or butane and produces elegant flames. You can obviously increase or decrease the amount of gas fueling it, but overall it’s very safe.
(** safety assessment based on reading online reviews)
Also surrounding the fire pit is a wide steel border – perfect for resting your drink on.
Power of the Fire Table is impressive with output of 40,000 BTUs of heat. Since it can fueled with either propane or butane gas, it should be convenient to keep ready all-year-round.
Overall has a beautiful, aesthetic look to it. Also perfect size to take center stage on your patio – yet small enough to create an intimate gathering spot for 6-8 people when it gets a little cold.
- Measures: 38 inches x 38 inches x 28 inches
- Heat output is a whopping 40,000 BTUs
- Finish is bronze steel – looks great on outside deck or patio
- Middle of fire pit has a 17 inch square burn area
- Includes a 19 inch square lid
- For convenience, powered by butane or propane gas
- Not as large as others – ideal for small gathering
Blue Rhino Outdoor Firebowl is a perfect accent to any backyard.
Its elegant design includes a mosaic tile that borders the fire pit. Inside the fire pit are artificial logs and lava rocks to bring warmth along with the heat.
Heater setup may take a bit longer, but it’s not overly complicated. The instruction manual is easy to read.
If you want a bit of character to your patio, then consider the Blue Rhino Outdoor Firebowl. It provides the right mix of character and sophistication to keep you warm during the night.
- Measures: 41 inches x 41 inches x 22 inches
- Powered: 40,000 BTUs
- Heating Area: 150 sq. ft.
- Square fire pit has a marble tile border on the table
- Fire area has artificial logs where flames run up
- Includes lava rocks to highlight the flame area
- Electronic ignition is easy to use
- Comes with multiple settings so the fire pit will fit any occasion
- Assembly is easy and there are no tools needed
- Lava rocks may have a bit of smell to them
I’ll add #10 best patio heaters in Fall 2018. Stay tuned!